Singer Sewing Machne 9980 Quantum Stylist
Beautiful Results are Easier than Ever!
The SINGER® QUANTUM STYLIST™ 9980 sewing machine makes beautiful results easier than ever. The built-in sewing assistance ensures sewing success every step of the way. With over 800 built-in stitches, including block & script alphabets, you’ll enjoy the speed, simplicity and durability of this advanced sewing machine. Advanced features like Needle Up / Down for quilting and appliquéing, Pattern Elongation, Stitch Memory with Editing and Automatic Thread Cutter ensure that this is a sewing machine you will love for years to come. SINGER’s signature Heavy Duty Metal Frame keeps the sewing machine still for skip-free sewing.
Features of the 9980 Quantum Stylist
- Built-In Sewing Assistance Just like having your most trusted sewing friend at your side. The large back-lit LCD screen provides clear ad easy viewing of selected stitch, length and width settings, tension, recommended presser foot and more!
- Automatic Thread Cutter Instantly trims the top and bobbin threads at the touch of a button
- Start / Stop Button & Speed Control Allows you to control your maximum sewing speed, with or without the foot controller
- 820 Built-In Stitches 10 Basic, 21 Stretch, 776 Decorative, 13 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes, 5 Block & Script Alphabets & Numerals
- Stitch Memory with Editing Allows you to save and edit select stitch combinations to create personalised patterns and designs.
- 13 Presser Feet Included All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Exclusive Underplate, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Overcasting Foot, Darning / Embroidery Foot, Narrow Rolled Hem Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Quarter Inch Foot, Open Toe Foot, Even Feed / Walking Foot, Cording Foot
- FREE Accessories Included Needles, Bobbins, Seam Ripper, Lint Brush, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Screwdrivers, Thread Spool Caps, Edge/Quilting Bar, Soft-Sided Dust Cover, Instruction Manual, Foot Control, Power Cord
- 13 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes Buttonhole sewing is a simple 1-step process providing reliable results every time. The sides of the buttonholes are sewn in the same direction to prevent gaps in stitching or fabric distortion.
- Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate The buttonhole foot with underplate sandwiches fabric between a lower plate and the foot to ensure perfect buttonholes on multiple layers of fabric. Effectively, this is like a mini-embroidery hoop in which the machine feeds the attachment, rather than the fabric. It makes creating buttonholes possible in places that conventional buttonhole devices cannot easily reach.
- Automatic Needle Threader Sewing’s biggest timesaver! This feature makes threading the eye of the needle quick and easy.
- Automatic Stitch Length & Width Optimal settings for stitch length and width are automatically set, but can be overridden for more personalised sewing.
- Needle Up/Down Button Pressing this button when the machine is stopped will change the needle position from down to up or from up to down.
- Top Drop-In Bobbin System The bobbin loads from the top, so it is easy to insert the bobbin. The clear cover makes it easy to monitor the bobbin thread supply.
- 5 Built-In Alphabets Personalize projects by adding a monogram, name or phrase with the built-in block or script style numbers and alphabets, both available in upper and lower case, stitched at 5mm stitch width.
- Mirror Imaging and Elongation Functions With just a touch of a button, selected stitches can be mirrored imaged, adding even more stitch variety. Press the Elongation button and selected stitches can be made up to 5 times longer
- 7mm Stitch Width Most stitches can be set for a maximum width of 7mm creating attractive satin and decorative stitches.
- 2 StayBright™ LED Lights Two lamps illuminate the sewing surface for optimal viewing. The long-lasting bulbs (100,000 hours) are always cool to the touch.
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame The internal skeleton of the sewing machine is constructed of heavy duty metal. This rigid support holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for skip-free sewing and overall durability
- 25 Needle Positions Needle position can be changed for individual projects like inserting zips, cords and topstitching.
- Electronic Twin Needle Settings Stitches are automatically adjusted for twin needle sewing with just the touch of a button.
- Drop Feed A conveniently located lever lowers the feed dogs for free-motion embroidery, monograms and button sewing.
- 7-Segment Feeding System This is a specially designed feed system that ensures that the fabric is picked up and supported from the front of the presser foot to the rear. This provides for much more accurate feeding of the fabric.
- Box Feed This is a function that moves the feed dogs in a box motion, rather than the historic arc motion. Box motion assures perfect feeding throughout the entire feed process, as the feed dogs are always in perfect and equal contact with the fabric and presser foot.
- Six Second Threading Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, in just six seconds
- Automatic Locking Stitch Function Tie-off decorative and utility stitches with just a push of a button. This feature ensures quality stitching and prevents unraveling.
- Automatic Reverse Push the conveniently located Automatic Reverse Button to sew in reverse and reinforce the stitch.
- Horizontal Threading Allows for the thread to feed more evenly reducing poor stitch formation and thread breakage.
- High Sewing Speed With a maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly.
- Automatic Bobbin Winding Clutch Needle bar automatically disengages when winding the bobbin, making bobbin winding safer.
- Direct Button Stitch Selection Provides direct access to eight of the most popular stitches including straight, zigzag, blind hem and buttonhole
- Stitch Reference Chart This chart, located on the upper lid of the machine, allows you to quickly choose the perfect stitch for your project – eliminating tedious screen searching.
- Automatic Tension This system ensures stable stitch quality, regardless of fabric type. The tension can be adjusted using the tension adjustment buttons, if desired.
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter The Presser Foot Lifter has two heights. The second offers more clearance, which is needed when placing multiple layers of bulky fabric under the presser foot.
- Free Arm Provides easy access to cuffs, collars, trouser hems and other difficult-to-reach areas
- Center Zigzag Taper When tapering with the zigzag stitch, the stitch tapers to the centre, not the left or right. This feature is especially valuable when appliquéing, because it provides a more attractive look when tapering into or out from a point.
- Automatic Presser Foot Pressure Control The amount of pressure exerted on the fabric by the presser foot against the feed dogs is adjusted automatically. Sew from the lightest weight tricots to the heaviest denim, without making adjustments.
- Error Warning An audible warning alerts the sewer if something is incorrect. The audible warning can be deactivated, if desired. A picture appears on the LCD screen illustrating the probable error.
- Optimum Power Control A control system that senses when additional power is required to maintain speed through thick or changing fabric conditions. This feature is most useful when sewing through multiple (6-8) layers of fabric.
- DC Motor Provides instant start and stop with no coasting, for accurate and precise stitch placement
- Snap-On Presser Feet Easily change snap-on presser feet without use of a screwdriver.
- On Board Storage The accessories are conveniently stored in the removable sewing table, providing easy access to accessories.
£11.00 P&P UK mainland only
If this product is out of stock then with a small deposit we can order it for you within 24 – 48 hours.
1 hour free training at our shop.