Singer Sewing Machine XL 400 Futura
Sewing and Embroidery come together.
The SINGER® FUTURA™ XL-400 sewing and embroidery machine is everything you love about your SINGER® sewing machine, built right into an embroidery machine. It’s never been easier to add the personal touches that make your sewing projects shine. Automatic features make it easy to let your creativity lead the way!
Exploring your SINGER® FUTURA™ XL-400
- SwiftSmart™ Threading System with Automatic Needle Threader Sewing’s biggest timesaver!
- Separate Bobbin Winding Motor You can easily wind a bobbin while sewing or embroidering.
- Speed Control Reduce the speed for precise sewing. Easily accessible on the front of your machine
- 6 StayBright™ LED Lights Fills the sewing surface with light, making it easier to view your work and eliminating eye strain
- Drop & Sew™ Bobbin System Automatic bobbin thread pick up for quicker threading. The clear cover makes it easy to see the bobbin supply.
- Extra High Presser Foot Lift Easy to place multiple layers or bulky fabrics under the presser foot
- 2 Built-In Spool Pins Horizontal and vertical thread delivery is handy for twin needle sewing, speciality sewing and topstitching techniques.
- 2 Accessory Trays The machine accessories are within handy reach, stored in the Removable Extension Table. Plus, another extra accessory storage in the embroidery unit for easy access while embroidering.
- Embroidery Features:
- To access the built-in tutorials in the software for your SINGER® FUTURA™ sewing & embroidery machine, please follow these instructions:
- > Open the software.
- > Click on the Help tab at the top of the toolbar.
- > Click on How-To Tutorial.
- > Choose a category.
- 2 Snap-On Hoops Included Create beautiful embroideries in a variety of sizes: NEW extra large 10” x 6” and Small 4” x 4”
- Multi-Hoop Capability to Embroider Larger Designs Gives endless possibilities for embroidery designs up to 18 ½” x 11”
- 125 Embroidery Designs Included A large selection of embroidery designs to get you started right away.
- Design File Capability Automatically reads most embroidery design file formats.
- Basic Editing of All Designs Customise your embroidery on your computer screen. Combine multiple designs into one design file and add lettering to personalise your embroidery. Select custom colours for your threads. The software includes thread charts with colour numbers for the most popular brands of embroidery thread. Rotate embroidery designs in one degree increments for perfect placement and design possibilities. Flip embroidery designs horizontally and/or vertically or repeat embroidery designs for even more creative possibilities. Resizing capability allows you to reduce or enlarge the embroidery design for use on any project.
- Lettering Program with 5 Fonts Select from 5 embroidery fonts to personalise or monogram your projects. Letters can be sized, rotated and shaped with 30 lettering frames such as arc, banner, wave and more.
- Trace Design Trace the outline of the design in the embroidery hoop to accurately position the design.
- 3D Realistic View and Print Capabilities Stitches appear on the computer screen exactly as they will sew. Print the design to create placement templates.
- Connects Directly to Computer with USB Cable Quick transfer of designs, no additional hardware or cards are needed.
- Windows® Compatible Operates with any computer with an Operating System of Windows® XP or higher, including Vista®, Windows® 7 and Windows® 8 (Windows® 8 requires software update available at Futura-Support.com)
- Built-In Tutorials Easy “How To” Instructions built right in.
- Additional Embroidery Designs Download additional embroidery designs at com
- Additional Software Available:
- AutoPunch™ Use your own images or clip art to automatically create custom embroideries.
- Auto CrossStitch™ Easily convert images to cross-stitch designs.
- PhotoStitch™ Convert your favourite photos to embroidery designs.
- HyperFont™ Convert your own computer’s Windows® true type fonts into custom monograms and lettering.
- Editing Customise any section of a design or its stitches.
- Sewing Features:
- Extra Large Sewing Space The arm length to the right of the needle is 210 mm (8 ¼”) which gives more space for quilts and other large projects.
- 30 Stitches For a wide variety of sewing. You will always have the perfect stitch for every project. Includes 6 Basic, 5 Stretch, 17 Decorative and 2 Buttonhole stitches
- 2 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes Buttonholes are quickly and easily sewn in a simple one-step process. Both columns are sewn in the same direction to lie smoothly and prevent distortion. Choose from two different styles for various sewing applications.
- Up to 7mm Stitch Width Decorative stitches are wide, bold and beautiful.
- Presser Foot Sensor Notifies with error message and buzzer when presser foot is not down
- Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate Makes it easy to create buttonholes, even on thick fabrics or uneven fabric thicknesses
- Programmable Needle Up / Down One touch sets the needle to stop up or down for easy pivoting, appliqué, accurate stitch placement and more.
- Electronic Twin Needle Function Limits the stitch width when using a twin needle on decorative stitches to prevent needle breakage
- Drop Feed A convenient lever lowers the feed teeth for free-motion embroidery and creative top stitching.
this product is by special order only – please contact us to discuss.