Well, since I last wrote to you I have been working on running new classes locally that will be starting in the Autumn, (COVID restrictions permitting). Our teachers, who used to teach at the shop, are very keen to start our classes again and have put together a range of topics for you. Looking at venues, (now that I no longer have my bricks and mortar shop), I have been very fortunate to secure 3 different locations for our classes (all in the Weymouth and Portland area).
- Our Dressmaking and sewing classes will be held at St Aldhelms Church Centre, Spa Road, Weymouth;
- Our Overlocker classes will be held at The Frank Reynolds Community Centre, Dorchester Road;
- Our Crochet and crafting classes will be held at The Captain’s House, Portland Castle, by kind permission of English Heritage. (Each class includes a cream tea!)
At each of the classes there will be items for sale, and if you need anything prior to the class, please contact me and I will bring it along for you.
WORKSHOPS IN 2021 – Sept to Dec
Here are the diary details along with the Terms and Conditions:
WORKSHOP CLASSES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Payment for classes is to be made by BACS only (no cheques or cash accepted);
- The payment must be received at least 7 days prior to the commencement of the class;
- The total payment must be 100% of the class fees;
- No booking will be confirmed until full payment has cleared the account;
- All bookings are non-refundable (except where insufficient numbers for the class is achieved – see below);
- Each class has a minimum amount of people required to enable it to be cost effective to run. Should the minimum number of bookings not be reached prior to the start of the class then either:
- Where possible a place may be reserved for the next available class. This will be subject to agreement and availability;
- A full refund will be provided into the Bank Account originally used by the trainee within 30 days of the date of the cancellation of the class.
- If the trainees is not able to attend a class then they must notify Bobs ASAP. Depending on the situation, number of classes not attended and the points mentioned above, will influence whether any refund will be applied. Bobs reserves the right to add a private lesson at the trainee’s home, retain all monies paid, or issue a part or full refund. Bobs’ decision is final.
- All machines, leads and other equipment used in the classes must be in good working and serviceable order prior to use at the venue. It is the trainee’s responsibility to bring all attachments, manuals, leads etc to enable good use of the machine and get the most out of the class.
- All photographs taken at the class remain are the copyright and property of Bobs and consent is hereby given so that the photographs can be used to promote the workshops and future classes; The trainee accepts the copyright and uses of any photographs that they may be in;
- All workshop data and personal information is kept secure and adheres to GDPR 2016/679; By signing the booking form you give consent for the limited use of the data; You can ask to be removed at any time;
- The Venue has its own Health and Safety rules, regulations and local arrangements. It is the responsibility of the Trainee to comply with all requests of the centre and the trainer (acting on behalf of the Venue) in this regard;
- The trainee is responsible for clearing all their own rubbish and taking it away after the class;
- There is no responsibility for any losses howsoever or whatsoever caused both at the Venue or its car park;
- All parking is at the responsibility of the trainee;
- All classes are subject to Government COVID restrictions.
If you are interested in any of these classes please contact me. Our training classes are always popular so book sooner, as we have limited spaces.
I am also still trading on the internet (both eBay and Amazon) and through personal orders, delivering to local addresses in the Weymouth area. Our trading name is craft-e fabrics et al!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/craftefabricsetal paste this link into your browser.
You can also keep up to date with what’s happening on our Bits & Bobs Facebook page.
Keeping the knowledge alive!